The Independent Schools’ Qualification in Academic Management (ISQAM) is designed for Heads of Academic Departments (HoDs) and aspiring HoDs in schools of The Headmasters’ and Headmistresses’ Conference (HMC) and The Girls’ School Association (GSA).
Please view the ISQAM briefing document for more information about the programme, and how it is planned to run in 2021-22.
Three Level 1 clusters will run in the 2021-22 academic year:
- 2 clusters will follow the “original” ISQAM model with 2 face-to-face training days (autumn term and spring term)
- 1 cluster will follow the “blended” model piloted in 2021, with a single face-to-face training day in the autumn term covering the first 2 modules, and spring term online sessions delivering the content relating to modules 3 & 4
Two Level 2 clusters will run in the 2021-22 academic year, both of which will follow the “blended” model, with a single face-to-face training day in the autumn term covering modules 5 & 6, and the content for modules 7 & 8 delivered online in the spring term.
Participant fees are dependent on programme model and association membership. Please view the ISQAM briefing document for more information.
Links to book online:
- L1 Southern Cluster (1) – 30/09/21 & 03/02/22 (locations & venues tbc, but potentially Oxford for Day 1 & City of London School for Day 2)
- L1 Southern Cluster (2) – 10/11/21 & 19/01/22 (Basingstoke for Day 1 & Bradfield College (Berkshire) for Day 2)
- L1 Midlands “Blended” Cluster – 16/11/21 (venue location still TBC – potentially Warwickshire), & online sessions in Spring term
- L2 Southern “Blended” Cluster – 29/09/21 (potentially Oxford TBC), & online sessions in Spring term
- L2 Midlands “Blended” Cluster – 17/11/21 (venue location still TBC – potentially Warwickshire), & online sessions in Spring term
Where locations and venues are TBC
We are currently working to confirm arrangements with specific venues, but in the meantime:
- Midlands events are likely to be in the region of Warwickshire-Nottingham, and may require access by road rather than rail
- Southern events are likely to be in the triangle of Oxford, Basingstoke and London, although we will be avoiding central London for these events in the Autumn term. Venues may require access by road rather than rail
Information for mentors
Information for mentors is available at www.hmcpd.org.uk/isqam-mentors