The Good Governance Programme has been jointly developed by AGBIS and HMC to support and provide recognition of high-quality governance in HMC member schools. It comprises of a new Governor Training Framework and optional Good Governance Programme Certificate.
The Governor Training Framework
A series of expert-led individual webinar sessions, the first of which is available to members of HMC governing bodies free of charge:
- An Overview of Good Governance – Thursday 13 October 2022 (16.00 – 17.00)
- The Work of the Education Committee – Monday 28 November 2022 (16.00 – 17.30)
- Strategic Development Planning – Monday 5 December 2022 (16.00 – 17.30)
- What makes a good Board? – Monday 16 January 2023 (16.00 – 17.30)
- What makes a good Finance and General Purposes Committee? – Monday 27 February 2023 (16.00 – 17.30)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion – Monday 13 March 2023 (16.00 – 17.30)
- What does a commitment to delivering Public Benefit look like? – Monday 15 May 2023 (16.00 – 17.30)
- What makes a good relationship between the Governors and Head? – Wednesday 7 June 2023 (16.00 – 17.30)
Individual modules are available as discrete stand-alone webinars, whilst also part of a cohesive broader programme.
AGBIS/HMC Good Governance Certificate
AGBIS/HMC will issue Boards with a Good Governance Programme Certificate if it can be demonstrated that:
- All Governors have completed both the free Overview webinar – this can either be live or by watching a recording and the AGBIS online Safeguarding module, and that
- Between them, the Governors have covered each of the additional seven webinars
The Good Governance Certificate will remain valid for three years.
The certificates will be issued at the end of the series.