The Good Governance Programme has been jointly developed by AGBIS and HMC to support and provide recognition of high-quality governance in HMC member schools. It comprises of a new Governor Training Framework and optional Good Governance Programme Certificate.
The Governor Training Framework
A series of expert-led individual webinar sessions, the first of which is available to members of HMC governing bodies free of charge:
- An overview of Good Governance (free of charge – 22/01/21)
- The work of the Education Committee (25/01/21)
- Strategic Development Planning (22/02/21)
- What makes a good Board? (05/05/21)
- What makes a good Finance & General Purposes Committee? (21/06/21)
- What does a commitment to delivering public benefit look like? (16/09/21)
- What makes a good relationship between the Governors and Head? (14/10/21)
Individual modules are available as discrete stand-alone webinars, whilst also part of a cohesive broader programme.
AGBIS/HMC Good Governance Certificate
For a small administration fee, AGBIS/HMC will issue Boards with a Good Governance Programme Certificate if it can be demonstrated that:
- All Governors have completed both the free Overview webinar – this can either be live or by watching a recording and the AGBIS online Safeguarding module, and that
- Between them, the Governors have covered each of the additional seven webinars
The Good Governance Certificate will remain valid for three years.
The cost of the certification will be £20 per school. The certificates will be issued at the end of the series.